U. OF GEORGIA RESEARCHERS RECORD OUTSTANDING RESULTS WITH SHIELDEX IN 2022
UGA agronomist Eric Prostko found excellent weed control for field corn with SHIELDEX in their recent 2022 trial work. Look at the photos below to see for yourself the power SHIELDEX brings to your crop protection program:
DON’T TAKE OUR WORD FOR IT: SHIELDEX HAS BEEN TESTED IN HUNDREDS OF UNIVERSITY TRIALS IN THE US
Select your state to see the 2020 University trial results for your area
Showing Average % Control Data From:
- Bicep II Magnum (1.67 qt/A) applied at planting
- Impact Program = Bicep II Magnum (1.67 qt/A) followed by highest label rate of Impact (1.0 oz/A) + atrazine (0.5 lb/A) + COC
- Laudis Program = Bicep II Magnum (1.67 qt/A) followed by Laudis (3.0 oz/AC) + atrazine (0.5 lb/A) + COC
- SHIELDEX Program = Bicep II Magnum (1.67 qt/A) followed by lowest label rate of SHIELDEX (1.0 oz/A) + atrazine (0.5 lb/A) + COC
GAIN THE POWER AND FLEXIBILITY TO MANAGE YOUR TOUGHEST WEED PROBLEMS WITH A NEW POST-EMERGENT HERBICIDE.
SHIELDEX® is a post-emergent contact herbicide powered by a unique HPPD inhibitor technology that is effective against broadleaf weeds and many annual grasses with low application rates, good tank-mix compatibility and excellent safety in all types of corn.
In a recent analysis of SHIELDEX 400SC vs. older competitor HPPD herbicide technologies, Dr. Bryan Young had this to say about the performance of SHIELDEX:
- “Waterhemp and palmer performance as good or better than all HPPDs studied”
- “Excellent control of fall panicum”
- “Among the safest HPPD herbicides available”
Bryan Young, Professor of Weed Science
Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Purdue University
U. OF MISSOURI RESEARCHERS OBSERVE GREAT RESULTS WITH SHIELDEX IN 2020
University of Missouri researchers Kevin Bradley and Brian Dintelmann observed great results with SHIELDEX in their 2020 trial work. In a 2 pass program that compared SHIELDEX to other post applied commercial standards, SHIELDEX compared favorably to all competitors on tough weeds like waterhemp, giant foxtail, common ragweed and common sunflower.
- Effective against broadleaf weeds as well as many annual grasses*
- Convenient low application rates between 1.0 and 1.35 ounces per acre
- Good tank-mix compatibility
- Excellent safety on all types of corn**
- Wide broadcast application window on corn up to V6
- No restrictions when used with any currently registered insecticide
* SHIELDEX 400SC performance is enhanced when combined with at least 0.5 pounds per acre of atrazine. See label for complete details and application information.
** SHIELDEX 400SC has not been tested on all inbred lines for tolerance. Contact your seed corn supplier for specific usage recommendations